A few pearls of wisdom that young makeup-enthusiast Angie could have done with…
1. Quit it with the light blue eyeshadow. Just quit it.
2. There are a variety of eyeliner shades other than “carbon black”, “matte black” and “ultra black”.
3. EYEBROWS. FOR GOD’S SAKE WOMAN, DO SOMETHING WITH THOSE EYEBROWS.
4. Lip exfoliation. Jump on that bandwagon now.
5. Lip gloss isn’t for everyone, especially for those with long hair on a windy day. Come to terms with it and move on.
6. Pinpoint concealing is your best friend. What you want to avoid is concealing your entire face.
7. I don’t care what anyone says, “spidery” lashes are not attractive. Cease and desist.
8. Subtle contouring is a perfected art and NARS Laguna doesn’t necessarily suit all skin tones.
9. Save yourself years of frustration and aim that eyeliner flick up, not out.
10. Remove your makeup properly at the end of the night. Those eye infections as a result of mascara + contact lenses + sleep are extremely unpretty. Not to mention painful.
What would you tell your younger self about makeup? Let me know in the comments!